East Deer Township Garbage Pick Up
Collection day is Friday. The 1st Friday of each month, 1 bulk item can be set out for pick up. Place your containers out the NIGHT before the schedule pick up. All solid waste must be bagged and tied. Container should be watertight, metal or plastic, with tight fitting covers and handles. Each container should not exceed 40 gallons; each plastic bag should not exceed thirty (30) pounds in weight. DO NOT USE PAPER BAGS, CARDBOARD BOXES OR 55-GALLON DRUMS AS GARBAGE RECEPTACLES. Any items placed out in that manner will not be collected.
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: We observe the following holidays on which days they fall.
NEW YEAR’S DAY – MEMORIAL DAY – INDEPENDENCE DAY – LABOR DAY – THANKSGIVING DAY – CHRISTMAS DAY
ITEMS THAT WILL BE PICKED UP AT THE CURB:
- Household solid waste – Includes garbage, rubbish and ashes, including but not limited to, all tables, kitchen refuse and waste, broken glass and dishware, furniture items, doors, windows, cabinets, cupboards, carpet, appliances(except those containing Freon).
- Large Appliances & Bulky Waste – 1 item may be put out the first Monday of each month. Appliances containing Freon will only be picked up free of charge if they are tagged Freon free.
- Hedge cutting, limbs ad branches from trees must be securely tie in bundles not exceeding 3” in diameter , 4’ in length, weighing no more than 30 lbs.
- All carpet, rugs and padding must be cut in sections no longer than 4’ in length and securely rolled and tied not weighing over 30 pounds.
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED AND WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Paving materials, stones, rocks, sand, dirt broken concrete, automobile parts and liquids (including tires and batteries) sod, paints and stains flammable liquids, metal 55 gallon drums and metal grease drums.
- Bushes, shrubs or other vegetation with earth or soil attached to root system, tree trunks or pieces of tree trunk of size.
- Propane and oxygen tanks, gun ammunition, explosives or fireworks.
E-WASTE: WILL NOT BE PICKED UP – TV’s, desktop or laptop computers, and computer peripherals, including keyboards, mouse, printers etc.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US AT 724-224-3434